As the world continues to combat and adjust with the spread of the COVID-9 pandemic, we believe dressing up can help influence your mood whether by just staying home or having virtual meetings.
It can be tempting to fall into a uniform of sweatpants and pajamas while working from home all day but while there is something to be said about relaxing your style when you don’t need to adhere to an office dress code, it also feels good to dress up to maintain a sense of normalcy.
To help navigate you achieve that sense of normalcy, below are five outlined dress-up tips to inspire productivity.
- Dress for your mood: The act of dressing up each morning into how you feel can help you feel more put together for the day. And figuring out your ideal work from style is all about balance and establishing a regular routine.
- Dress for comfort: Naturally, we all love to feel comfortable, and opting for looks that combine fashion with function can help set the tone for the day. A business-casual look will keep you feeling productive for the day. For a simple yet put-together look, throw on a jumpsuit with a blazer or pair with your favorite jeans and T-shirt.
- Dress to experiment: Since you don’t have to worry about dress codes while working from home, this is the perfect time to try on looks with transitional outfits. More time to shop your own closet and test-drive creative combos. Rediscover that vintage dress or figure out how to style that blouse with tags still on.
- Dress cozy and casual: Taking a few days to stay cozy and casual can enhance our mental health, especially during these stressful times. Wearing our favorite sweats can help you feel incredibly relaxed and put you in the perfect serene mood to get a ton of work done.
- Dress to create boundaries: While the lines between work and home are blurring, dressing in work-wear outfits during office hours can help create a boundary between your work and personal life. We have to recognize that in order to maintain a professional attitude.